An exciting new retail store is coming to Hickory in 2009!
HobbyTown USA of Hickory will offer many exciting products that are not available anywhere else in the Hickory area like: mid range and high end R/C cars, trucks, airplanes, helicopters, as well as model trains, cars, rockets, board gaming, children’s toys and more! Toys for all ages -
We’ve opened up applications for Store Manager.
HobbyTown USA® - Hickory Store Manager responsibilities at a high level:
* Store Operations
* Product ordering
* Departmental support
* Inventory control
* Store Promotions
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra attention to detail, description of why you fit into this role best, are appreciated and not missed. (Submissions are made directly to organizations Executive Management)
• Learning and understand “HTUSA 30 second rules”
• Handling customer complaints
• Handling product returns
• Handling employee discounts
• Maintain cleanliness levels set by storeowner. Utilizing in-store daily, weekly and month checklist.
• Learning the functions of SMART
• Credit card sales
• How to process checks
• Special orders
• Gift Card
• Hobby Card program
• Perform weekly, monthly product updates
Opening/ closing the store
• Employee schedules
• Payroll as a percentage of sales requirements.
• Hiring / staff retention
• Do employee evaluations
• Maintain staffing levels
• Daily deposits
• Keep cash over/ short within store guidelines
• Maintain profit margins
• Guidelines for Discounting of products
• Buying new products for inventory
• Weekly budget reporting
• Compiling of sales statistics and reporting
• Tracking sales by day, week and month
• Learning product knowledge about all categories
• Merchandising products
• Doing in-store product reviews / product demos
• Learning about new products
• Keeping update on all product publications
• Keeping close contact location ownership and the Corporate office to exchange ideas, concerns, problems, and/or changes that may affect the store.
• Maintain required inventory levels and Product turnover
• Checking in new orders, disbursing to floor inventory same day.
• Contacting distributors if orders are not filled correctly
• Pricing of product, and discounting where applicable.
• Facilitate store monthly inventory cycle counts
• Responsible for new hire orientations
• Responsible for new hire training
• Informing staff of “Hot News” and updating the staff of upcoming changes or events
• Having in-store staffing meetings – Monthly or bi-weekly.
The store manager will be responsible for special promotions for the store. They include the following:
• Running and promoting gaming activities & tournaments
• Indoor and outdoor radio control racing events
• Managing model contests and promotions
• Other seasonal clubs to help promote sales and interest in the store.
• Seeking out and speaking at local clubs
About HobbyTown USA
HobbyTown USA® was founded in 1980 by Merlin Hayes and Thomas Walla with the purchase of a local business in Lincoln, Nebraska. The corporation was established for the sole purpose of sharing their dream with other people who wanted to own their own hobby store.
Today, HobbyTown USA® is a nationally registered franchise, and the company is widely regarded as a leader in the retail hobby industry. There are currently over 190 HobbyTown USA® franchises open or under development in 43 states.
With the company motto of "Building Your Dream," it is the largest retail hobby franchise in the world and is ranked in the top 2% of all franchises worldwide. More importantly, there are now hundreds of owners realizing their dream of being their own boss and having fun while they do it.